Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Quote for a new blogger

Allen heard of a quote from Mark Twain he thought I might want to letter the other day.  While I was looking it up I found this one which was shorter and quick to letter.  I put it in my lettering doodle book where I store my ideas but I thought it turned out pretty good for a quickie.  I also thought it was a great quote for a new blogger like me with not a lot of visitors yet.  Soon I'll tackle the larger quote Allen found.  This quote was lettered with Micron pens, watercolor and watercolor pencil on inexpensive card stock.

2 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

Hi Carolyn, what a lovely bit of lettering! You are just right on this being good for bloggers, new and old. :) Where ever did you learn to letter? What resources could I find. I love this art form, but don't know the right approach to begin. I find that my lettering is basically 3 variations of my own writing. ;0 Help please.
xx,
Autumn Clark

Lisa Cash said...

Hi Carolyn, I completely agree with this quote! So true! And your work is beautiful - I love all the colors.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments.

I will definitely be checking yours out regularly for inspiration on my Journal. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...