Thursday, March 31, 2011

Quote: Is Spring Ever Going To Get Here?


I don't know about where you live, but here in Pennsylvania it seems like spring is never coming.  The sun looks right, higher in the sky every day, but it's cold and there doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon.  I am soooo ready for the spring to show itself!

This page I did with the new font stuck in my head and I'm really loving this style of lettering.  (Although my letters are STILL slanting up to the right...ugh!)  I liked the layout and how I applied the colors in my "Sing Your Own Song" piece so I tried that again on this quote but in bright, spring greens (wishful thinking?).  Allen took me to Dick Blick in Philly last weekend and I splurged on a new set of big girl watercolors:  Winsor & Newton Cottman watercolors...YUM!  They're going to take a while to get used to, but I'm enjoying them so far.  I also tried a bit of collage on this piece, it seems like my lettering pages are so "clean and tidy" and my art journals are more messy and loaded with collage.  Some how the two have to merge...

Link Love:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...