Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Quote: Sing Your Own Song


Another bigger quote, this time I added some doodles on the side.  I thought my quotes were starting to look lonely just sitting all by themselves on paper.  My writing still tends to slant up to the right, but now after I pencil the quote, I draw straight pencil lines beneath each line of writing before starting with pen.  Seems like that helps a lot.  I really didn't like the lettering when I finished it, but once I added the doodles and the color, it really started to take on a life of it's own.

I love this quote because I think it speaks to all of us.  There is always someone we think who is going to be a "better" artist than we are, but we all have our songs to sing!

This piece was done on watercolor paper with Micron pens, inexpensive watercolors and Pantone markers.

Link Love:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...