Friday, April 22, 2011

Leave a note for your sweetie


Allen is on a pool league on Thursday nights and comes home pretty late...way later than when I go to bed so I like to leave him a little note sometimes.  I have to admit that I run out of ideas though what to write or what the little note should look like.  This week I realized I had a ton of shipping tags and wouldn't it be fun to leave him a really big message made out of these tags.  Sometimes it's amazing how "free" I get when I make things for Allen...these tags took less than a half an hour...he must be a bit of a muse in my brain somehow. :)

These manila tags were painted with inexpensive watercolors, detailed with Micron and Pitt pens and I added an extra bit of color with Prismacolor colored pencils.  My favorite detail is the black lines made with StazOn ink on a piece of corrugated cardboard from a disposable drink cozy.

Should you leave a little note for your sweetie, roommate or best friend this week?  I promise they'll love it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...