Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tutorial: Frosted Glass Candle Holders

 With our new table out on the deck finally delivered, I thought it was time for new candle holders outside.  I started with simple glass votive and round candle holders from Micheal's as the base.  Using an X-Acto knife on a healing pad with a ruler, I cut varying lengths and widths of masking tape.

I covered each of the candle holders with lots of strips of tape.  Using Krylon white frosted glass paint, I painted each of the glass holders with two coats of paint letting the first coat dry before I did the second coat.  Use a sweeping motion from side to side to apply the paint. 

I let them dry for about an hour before removing the tape.  Pretty fun!

I really like them when they're lit up at night.  See the wonderful patterns the cast behind them?

I hope you enjoyed this step-by-step process.  Happy summer!

1 comment:

Andria said...

What a beautiful result!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...